When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device. If you have customized your device on Motomaker, your personalized message and wallpaper will not be deleted.
Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
Moto X Hard Reset Method
- With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
- The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
- Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited too long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
- The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
- Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck in step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
- The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
- Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset and the POWER Key to select this option
- Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES – delete all user data and press the POWER key to CONFIRM
- Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
- The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence